Random thoughts and stories about my daily life

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Jake

I wish there was something that I could do to make you better. Sorry that I could not be there for you in your time of need. Over the last ten years you have brought joy to my life and were always there for me when I needed a friend. I will cherish every moment that I spent with you. From the day that we took you home, to the first summer we spent together. I will remember the times that you took yourself for a walk, and the times you got on the kitchen counter for that extra treat. I will remember the day that you were diagnosed, and the last trip to the vet. You were so happy on the outside, but I knew there was a silent killer inside. That was the hardest decision I have every had to make. You will always hold a special place in my heart as my best friend. It was great to be with you and I wouldn't trade these memories for the world. We will meet again someday, but until then you will be missed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful writing. It never gets any easier to make that last trip to the vet. I had to do it three years ago with my boxer Heidi, who also was so happy to have the last treat at home, the last ride in the car, and to visit with her friends at the vet. Animals are lucky that way--they don't know. But Heidi had been suffering, and the end was so peaceful. Euthanasia, a good death. It is too bad that human suffering has to go on and on. I was thinking this after reading about the 83-year old man who shot his wife this week in Oak Cliff. It was apparantly a mercy killing, for the wife was paralyzed with a stroke, and the husband has termianl lung cancer.

1:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home