Random thoughts and stories about my daily life

Friday, November 18, 2005

How I wish I was an Aggie

What I would give for Texas A&M to have a good music school. My parents are Aggies and I was raised to keep the tradition going. When SMU played A&M I had a blast! Everyone else was complaining about how hot is was and also how bad we were getting beat. My favorite part of Aggie football games is the yells. If it is your first experience at Kyle field then you are in for a big treat.

When we got to Kyle Field I felt at home. Everyone there is extremly nice and real. Not as many fake people as there are at SMU. There is not an ongoing war to see who can wear the most designer clothing to a football game. Instead, everyone shows up in their maroon A&M t-shirt. They don't have to spend $100 on a hoodie because it has an aligator on it. This is the thing that I can't stand about SMU! For the most part people here are jackasses. How can you judge someone on the cloths that they wear? After being submerged in this materialistic cult, the only thing that keeps me from going insane is the few trips that I get out of the bubble. Everyday I imgaine if I went to A&M. I could say "Howdy!" to people and they wouldn't look at me like I'm a hick. But this isn't a perfect world, so for the next for years I will be exiled in University Park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home